Spending too much time in Unity doing basic Avatar setup?
Ever since 3.0 released in August of 2020, I’ve been maintaining a base set of 3.0 controller templates for myself and other creators to quickly populate the Avatar Descriptor and get straight into the juicy work.
It’s never been posted publicly, just circulated via DMs over time, leading to several outdated versions across many people.
To facilitate announcing and maintaining updates, it is now available as a Discord Nitro asset in my server, as well as in JustSleightly’s Avatar Template. You don’t have to stay boosted to use it, just to download updates.
Just drag and drop straight in!
Base (Locomotion) Layer:
- WetCat LocomotionV5 Lite layer with FBT Locomotion Disabled by default (although you can set this clientside now)
- More neutral prone/crouch animations by default, with a few extra options that can be swapped in
- Additional sample animations included
- I’m aware of GogoLoco/LocomotionFixV6 and have reasons it’s not currently implemented at this time. Feel free to modify this template to use it if you prefer.
- Pretty much default, only included for consistent Write Defaults
- Rock n Roll is replaced with Middle Finger
- Toggleable Feature: Peace Tracking
- If you have finger tracking, by default you are unable to do a peace sign, and instead do a two-finger point
- This allows you to toggle between animating a Peace sign or tracking your fingers when doing the Victory gesture
- Modified to not use AnyState to optimize exit transition checks
- Modified to support up to 32 emotes
- 32 assorted emotes across 4 pages: Holds, Choreo, Dances, Poses